What Makes Us Unique?
The combined knowledge of our consultants represents a variety of educational technology areas. Unlike other firms who might focus just in one area or on one set of tools, Eduro Learning spans a wide knowledge based backed by years of international teaching and consultancy experience. When you enter into a contract with Eduro Learning you have access to the entire network, talents and experience of the entire team.
Eduro Learning believes that as technology continues to change both the way we learn and the way we think about learning, the power of relationships are more important than ever. Eduro Learning develops & supports collaborative, purposeful and technology-rich learning opportunities that create meaningful and sustainable educational change. This will be accomplished by building a long-term relationship with the entire school community. This will entail Eduro’s engagement and collaboration with the various stakeholders of the school community including educators, students, parents, school board members and school administrators.
- We believe in empowering individuals in self-directed learning.
- We believe in leveraging technology in meaningful ways in the classroom and the larger school community.
- We believe that building communities of learners leads to deeper learning.
- We believe professional development must be relevant and applicable to the learning environment.
- We believe in sharing best practices.
- We believe in the power of being professional.
- We believe in building communities of learners by providing an environment for professional exchanges.
Who is Eduro Learning
- 4 Four partners on the Learning2 Advisory, and all partners have been involved for several years as Learning2 Leaders or as committee members.
- 5 Five partners work closely with Apple as ADEs, serving on regional advisory boards, or organising ADE Institutes.
- 4 Four partners associated with COETAIL, including as co-founders and as instructors.
- 3 Three partners associated with Google, including as Certified Teachers, Educators and Trainers.
- 4 Four partners have participated as Advisory Board members of the K12 Horizon Report.
- 6 All six partners have been directly involved with running 1:1 laptop and/or iPad program within their respective schools.
- 6 All six partners have experience at notable educational technology conferences around the world.
- 6 All six partners have developed parent educational programs for their respective schools.
The Eduro Learning Team
Position: Chief Executive Officer / Consultant
Jeff Utecht is an educational technology consultant, educator and author. He holds a Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction with a focus in Technology as well as his administrative certification through Washington State. Jeff began his career in the Elementary Classroom. In 2001, just his second year of teaching, he was the recipient of the Bill and Melinda Gates Technology Leadership Program grant and in 2003 he helped to roll out what might have been one of the only 1:1 Palm Pilot programs to ever exist in a school.
Jeff began sharing his passion for learning via his blog The Thinking Stick in 2005. Today it is considered one of the top 100 Educational Technology Blogs. In 2007, he was invited to create an innovative conference focusing on learning and technology and the Learning2 conference was initiated. Jeff has authored chapters in numerous books, worked as the educational consultant for a wiki company, and and has spoken at schools and educational events around the globe. He has worked with politicians in Washington DC and participated in The Educational Project at the invitation of the Prince of Bahrain. In 2010 Jeff was invited to present at the first TEDx conference in Bangkok, Thailand.
Jeff has started numerous businesses aimed at helping educators teach in a new connected world. Jeff co-founded the Certificate Of Educational Technology and Information Literacy program (coetail.com) in 2010. In 2014 he co-founded Eduro Learning Inc. a professional development consulting and online course company. Also in 2014 Jeff helped to establish the Learning2 Conference as a Non-Profit organization bringing this innovative conference to the world.
Position: Chief Operations Officer / Consultant
Kim is an experienced, enthusiastic and innovative globally-minded educator. She is passionate about empowering teachers to become learning leaders, as well as building strong collaborative teams among teacher leaders.
When working with teachers, Kim enjoys helping them to authentically embed current and emerging technologies in the classroom to create a global and collaborative learning environment. Her inquiry-based, constructivist approach to teaching utilizes project-based learning experiences developed by combining the Understanding by Design framework with the design cycle.
As a Technology and Learning Coach, Kim collaborates with all community stakeholders to create an inclusive, open and involved learning environment. At her current school this includes creating and implementing the Connected Learning Community (CLC): a 1:1 program for students in grades 4 – 12. The CLC features a whole-school blogging platform and Google Apps for Education (for both students and teachers), as well as regular parent sessions, empowered teacher leadership, and an integrated digital citizenship program. Due to the successful implementation of CLC, Kim, along with Clint, now leads the next evolution of the program, where all students in grade 7 are issued both a laptop and tablet. This innovative teaching and learning environment reflects the strong community connections, engaged students, and empowered teaching community Kim has been instrumental in building.
Kim is a COETAIL co-founder and as well as a regular presenter and keynote speaker at conferences and professional development sessions worldwide. Her work has been widely published in educational websites, journals and books. She is an Apple Distinguished Educator, a member of the K12 Horizon Report Advisory Board (2008 – present) and is an advisor and board member of the Learning2 Global Conference.