registration is open!The Coach Microcredential
Academic Year-Long Online Mentorship Program!
Cohort begins April 28th, 2019.
This academic-year-long online mentorship program includes 26 weeks of course content learning (divided into 8 key themes for successful instructional coaching) which enable you to immediately implement your learning within your own school setting. Highly experienced and approachable mentors provide ongoing support via weekly emails, regular video conference meetings, and forum feedback.
Completing this microcredential will:
- Strengthen your coaching practice by building your own customized coaching toolkit;
- Skyrocket and hone your leadership skills to become a more confident instructional leader in your school;
- Accelerate your professional growth with a personalized and connected community; and
- Transform student and teacher learning through the use of technology.
PRACTICAL & RELEVANT
Each course includes video lessons, a selection of highly curated resources, and an action task for participants to complete, along with an opportunity to reflect in our private community forums. The micro credential culminates in a personal project which is customized for each participant’s individual goals and needs.
COHORT MODEL – ONLY OFFERED ONCE A YEAR
In order to provide a highly customized deep learning experience, our micro credentials are offered only once a year and follow a cohort model. This allows each participant to determine the order of the courses they take, while still building a learning community of like-minded educators within our private discussion forums.
WORK AT YOUR OWN PACE
Because we are a global company, we know that our participants are in a variety of time zones, so you can complete the coursework whenever is convenient to you and connect with your mentor at times that work for both of you. In general, we recommend that you anticipate 5 hours of learning time per week.
RE-CERTIFICATION CREDITS & CERTIFICATE AWARD
The Coach Microcredential is designed for teachers, leaders and/or instructional coaches who want to take a deep dive into instructional coaching in a school setting. Courses can be taken for re-certification credit to be applied towards teacher license renewal (in the US), or simply for professional growth. Participants receive a certificate of completion that can be used for future job applications in the field of instructional coaching.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST FOR THE 2019 COHORT BELOW
Before you sign up! Get a preview of what you'll learn from our FREE webinar recorded video!
Featuring our international panel of coaching experts, this free, recorded online video conversation highlights the key elements of successful coaching practices in a school setting. We dived deeper into the topics we explored in our YouTube Series: Coaching Fundamentals, and addressed some of the more complex issues facing coaches today, including:
- Coaching in Practice: How do you determine how you spend your time as a coach?
- The Power of Practice: What are some essential skills for a coach? How do we practice them to improve our performance?
- Coaching vs Consulting: What are the differences between coaching and consulting? And what does that mean in a school setting?
Just enter your email and we’ll send you the link to watch the recorded webinar video at a time convenient to you!
The Coach Microcredential Registration Ends in
2019 cohort begins April 28, 2019!
WHO IS THE COACH MICROCREDENTIAL PROGRAM FOR?
Do you want to learn the skills of being an amazing instructional coach?
Do you need to move school from isolated tech to a more modern program with integrated and purposeful use of technology throughout the school?
Are you ready to create an action plan (that includes a vision and goals) for your coaching program in your school?
Then this Coach Microcredential Program is for YOU!
our coaching participants ARE GLOBAL
Are you an Instructional Coach? Or are you new to instructional coaching?
We are passionate about helping you take that next step in your coaching journey.
Join your hosts, Kim and Clint as they share thoughtful professional conversations about coaching and learning with experts from around the world!
Meet Your Mentors!
Watch the video introduction to learn more about your mentors
Mentor, Premium Package
“I absolutely love what I do to support my coaching colleagues. I’m honored to be the premium package mentor for The Coach Microcredential and I’m looking forward to working side by side with you! ”
Mentor, Academy Package
“Having coaching skills, strategies and mindsets benefit us all in providing the best learning environment for our students…and for us as educators. For this reason, I am excited to be the academy package mentor for The Coach Microcredential.”
Get a Preview of What You’ll Learn
What Microcredential Program Participants Have to Say …
Jana and Nadia, are participants in the Premium level of The Coach Microcredential, currently working with Kim Cofino as their mentor.
Jennifer and Camlynn, both instructional coaches from Everett School District in Everett, WA, USA, were participants in the second cohort Premium level of The Coach Microcredential, working with Kim Cofino as their mentor.
In my experience, PD in general, has been very cookie cutter, one size fits all, it’s always the same for everyone. The Coach is personalized in every way: through time, through what you’re putting into it, through avenues (ie: credit/no credit). It’s all flexible. My mentor, Kim and I are talking about extending this and expanding personalized mentorship beyond the time-frame of The Coach Microcredential. It truly is personalized.Nadia Lee Ellis
At my school, as the only tech coach in my division, I didn’t have any colleagues I could turn to as sounding board, for advice, for feedback, for reflection. Joining The Coach Microcredential program provided not only rich learning through the course content, including the reading, resources and reflection activities, but I also have this partnership with my mentor, Kim, and other cohort members, that provides a supportive and collaborative environment. I feel like I have colleagues outside of the walls of my school, which is so helpful.Jana Poukka
It’s always worth to spend money for professional development. The outcome and the learning depend on your effort and willingness to dig deeper. I like that Eduro Learning gives me a curation of different and reliable resources. The options regarding the action tasks give a lot of room for personification and with this ownership of your learning. It’s an advantage to learn from educators who are experienced and very knowledgeable.Verena Zimmer
This is one of the most relevant and robust PD programs I have participated in. The curation of resources and information alone is worth it! I love learning and connecting and learning with others in similar roles all over the world has been invigorating. However, the mentoring piece of the program is my favorite and for my learning style, invaluable! My mentor responds quickly with answers and provides additional resources and links. She makes herself available and supports me in what I am needing at the time.Jennifer Chambers
It’s a fresh, flexible, and adaptable program that changes your perspective on what you can do in the classroom. Not only is the micro-credential taught by international educators who have their finger on the pulse of innovation and best practice but the cohorts are also made up of teachers all over the globe who share their own diverse set of experiences. You’ll quickly see the benefits once you start to grow your PLN, make authentic connections, and sharpen your communication and collaboration skills.Nick Garvin
The resources and the support are like no other program out there and you deserve and owe it to yourself to have access to all of it! I could not imagine doing this school year as a 1st time coach and our district going 1:1 without Eduro and the Microcredential.Camlynn Tafa
Want to know more, but not sure about the full Microcredential?
What is a Microcredential?
Download this no obligation, FREE informative PDF that explains exactly what Microcredentials are PLUS five reasons why Microcredentials are the future of Education!
This 20+ page PDF highlights many of the key elements that you will learn in this Microcredential, all in one handy resource that you can download right now!
See our Mentors in Action
Get a glimpse of the kinds of conversations our mentors are having in this new YouTube series about coaching. As a participant in The Coach Microcredential, you’ll be joining this community of international technology coaches, and participating in these types of deep learning conversations
Check out Premium Mentor, Kim, sharing some of her top coaching tips in this YouTube series to see the kinds of things you’ll learn in this Microcredential.
#coachbetter PodcastEduro Learning Podcast Network.
Whether you’re already a coach, or just getting started, we are passionate about helping you take that next step in your coaching journey by sharing thoughtful professional conversations about coaching and learning with experts from around the world!
Don't miss an episode - check out our Upcoming Episodes schedule!
Read the show notes and listen via your favorite podcast player!
Yes, I’m Interested in this Microcredential!
The Premium/Academy coaching cohort has started! Registration for the next cohort will open again in 2019.
Click the “no obligation” I’M INTERESTED button below so you don’t miss out on any details! Plus you’ll get great updates on the learning happening in our current cohort so you can see a preview of what you’ll learn!
Not QUITE Ready for a 1-Year Commitment?
This break-out course content can be purchased separately. You won’t have access to a mentor, but you will get to investigate the content offered in these courses, see the video lessons for the course you purchase, access the associated resources, and participate in our private forums. Bonus! You can even see the conversations in the forums from previous course participants to get an idea of the kinds of learning that happen during the Microcredential cohorts.
Coaching Essentials: Leading Professional Learning as an Instructional Coach
Learn the key elements for a successful professional learning session & how to facilitate discussion and engagement among your teaching colleagues when leading PD.
Course value: $150, yours for only $27!
FEATURED RECOMMENDED BUNDLE
Coaching Essentials: Leading from the Middle
3 courses bundled together for your convenience!
Course 1: You Are What You Do
Course 2: How to Build Momentum Around Instructional Coaching
Course 3: Leading Professional Learning as an Instructional Coach
Course value: $500, yours for only $69!
Ready to Get Started?
Learn more about each course in this microcredential program. Courses are listed in our recommended order, but you can choose to take them in any order.
Starting & Growing Your Personal Learning Network
3 WEEKS OF LEARNING
Establishing and managing your PLN as a coach – the why and the how.
After completing this course, you will …
- Understand the power of personal learning networks to transform learning;
- Be familiar with a variety of tools and strategies to build a personal learning network;
- Be ready to develop your own personal learning network;
- Determine the tool / online space they will use to build a PLN;
- Find and select the right people and organizations to create your “perfect” PLN;
- Determine which time management strategies will work best for you; and
- Utilize a variety of tools to help streamline tasks within your Personal Learning Network.
3 WEEKS OF LEARNING
Coaching is the best job in the world, and one of the hardest!
After completing this course, you will be able to …
- Identify the key elements of successful coaching;
- Recognize different stages of coaching within a school environment;
- Understand and identify the key elements of a successful coaching conversation; and
- Put together a coaching toolkit of skills essential to the role;
Coaching: From Theory to Practice
5 WEEKS OF LEARNING
Be exposed to a variety of resources about successful coaching to enable you to develop an authentic and relevant action plan for creating a successful program in your school.
After completing this course, you will …
- Implement strategies for initiating and sustaining technology innovations and manage the change process in schools and classrooms;
- Coach teachers in and model design and implementation of technology-enhanced learning experiences using a variety of research-based, learner-centered instructional strategies and assessment tools to address the diverse needs and interests of all students;
- Design, develop and implement technology-rich professional learning programs that model principles of adult learning and promote digital age best practices in teaching, learning and assessment;
- Engage in continual learning to deepen content and pedagogical knowledge in technology integration and current and emerging technologies necessary to effectively implement the ISTE Standards•S and Standards•T; and
- Engage in continuous learning to deepen professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions in organizational change and leadership, project management, and adult learning to improve professional practice.
Innovative Pedagogical Approaches
3 WEEKS OF LEARNING
Developing a deeper understanding of innovative pedagogical approaches in the classroom and what that means in a coaching role.
After completing this course, you will …
- Identify and explain learning strategies available that can help students become better communicators, collaborators & contributors;
- Know and understand the role of differentiation, leadership, and creativity within the classroom environment and know how and where might technology fit within those roles;
- Create learning opportunities that challenge students to innovate, solve problems and/or collaborate with others;
- Understand the power of project-based learning in technology-rich environments;
- Be able to evaluate and reflect on their own units to focus in on student learning goals;
- Recognize that transforming learning happens throughout an overall unit, rather than a single lesson;
- Understand the value of sharing with an authentic audience;
- Identify an opportunity within your classroom for students to share their learning; and
- Feel confident exploring new tools to promote student sharing.
Digital Citizenship in the Classroom
3 WEEKS OF LEARNING
Uncover a variety of ways to balance, empower, respect and protect yourself and your students through the lens of digital citizenship.
After completing this course, you will be able to …
- Identify policies and procedures that are currently stifling student creativity;
- Evaluate existing AUP/RUPs;
- Create an environment that encourages empowerment;
- Compare various viewpoints and arguments for privacy and protection online;
- Determine appropriate ways to share learning within your classroom with students;
- Emphasize the importance of meaningful digital citizenship integration; and
- Identify ways that Digital Citizenship can be consistently and meaningfully integrated into the curriculum.
Leading the Digital Shift: Technology for Leaders
3 WEEKS OF LEARNING
Examining your leadership role and how to get your teachers/staff/colleagues on board in meaningful and purposeful ways to make a real impact on learning together.
After completing this course, you will be able to…
- Articulate the key pieces that need to be in place when developing a shared vision of technology for learning;
- Complete the feedback loop, seeking voice from each of the stakeholder groups; and
- Include key stakeholders in the process of aligning/developing a shared vision of technology for learning.
Supporting Your Parent Community
3 WEEKS OF LEARNING
We know that parents are our strongest partners in learning. Helping them understand why and how we are using technology at school is a key element for success in a technology-rich environment, but one that is often overlooked.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify, understand and address the key concerns that parents have about technology-rich learning;
- Identify and select a variety of strategies to support parent learning that will work in your school setting;
- Design and create a long-term parent learning program to help all stakeholders in your school community understand your school’s technology-rich learning environment;
- Develop successful and positive partnerships with parents to promote technology-rich learning in your school;
- Highlight the skills that students are learning through their use of technology, help parents identify those skills by making parallels to their learning; and
- Confidently articulate the purpose of technology-rich learning, at a school-wide level.
3 WEEKS OF LEARNING
An exciting opportunity to create and action a relevant project that consolidates and shares all the understanding and skills learned throughout the Coach Microcredential.
After completing this course, you will have
- designed, developed and implemented a personal project that impacts student learning using the understandings learned during The Coach micro-credential.
Pricing and Course Options
Not sure which package is right for you? We have a range of options to best suit your needs and requirements.
All options include premium content designed for teachers by teachers in a convenient, online format.
- Focused, deeper, meaningful PD that can be directly applied to your classroom immediately.
- Private online learning communities include customized integrated forum discussion boards for deeper learning, slack workspace for quick connections, and specialized FB groups for community building.
- Become part of the Eduro Learning community of engaged, professional educators.
- Self-paced, choose the order of the courses & learn at your own pace.
- For those who do not need re-certification credits.
- Certificate of completion issued upon request.
ACADEMYMENTOR: DIANA BEABOUT
- Includes everything in Honor as well as …
- Limited to 15 participants only!
- Private mentor just for you!
- Personalize your goals: you design a learning plan with your mentor.
- Regular feedback from your mentor includes weekly hangouts, live video Q&As, and personal check-in emails.
- Earn recertification credits through Heritage University and/or advance up the pay scale (based on your school’s policy).
- Personalized Certificate issued upon completion of your microcredential.
PREMIUMMENTOR: KIM COFINO
- Includes everything in Honor AND Academy as well as …
- Limited to 5 participants only so that you can create deeper professional learning connections with this intimate group of learners.
- Your private mentor is Kim, an Eduro Learning Founder and an author of the microcredential courses.
take advantage of our PAYMENT OPTIONS!
AVAILABLE FOR ALL OPTIONS: HONOR | ACADEMY | PREMIUM
Payment Plan 1: 10% deposit, balance paid equally over 3 months
Payment Plan 2: 20% deposit, balance paid equally over 2 months
We are flexible and here to help – so if neither plan quite suits, just ask us about an alternative!
DO YOU NEED ANY OF THESE OPTIONS?
Is your school funding your PD and you need an invoice?
Do you need to purchase for more than one person?
Would you like to organize payment installments?
Use the CONTACT US form below and let us know!
We'd love to hear from you.
We work 24/7 globally so Monday through Friday is always Monday through Friday somewhere.
We have a wide variety of resources to help you in your instructional coaching role!
More FAQs just for the Microcredential Programs
Do you have a payment plan option for the microcredential programs?
Yes we do! The Honor, Academy and Premium options all have a payment plan option. When a microcredential program is open for purchase you can choose:
- Payable over 2 months (20% non-refundable initial deposit required - balance paid equally over 2 months)
- Payable over 3 months (10% non-refundable initial deposit required - balance paid equally over 3 months)
We are flexible and here to help - so if neither plan quite suits, just ask us about an alternative! Please fill out our Contact-Us form (and choose Organize Payment Installments)
Can I purchase the Microcredential Program for two or more people at once?
Yes! We can arrange an invoice payment so that you can purchase for two or more people at one time. This also means we can organize each person with their own separate login details.
Please use our Group Registration to send us the details so Raena, our Director of Business & Operations can get in touch with you to begin the payment & registration process!
What are the start and the end dates for the Microcredentials?
The Coach Microcredential Early Bird Bonus Registration open from January 15, 2019 to March 4, 2019. Registration will continue to be open until April 28, when the Coach Microcredential cohort program will start.
The 1:1 Teacher Microcredential is currently closed, unless you wish to purchase the Honor, No Mentor option. Please register your interest for this microcredential (with a mentor) on The 1:1 Teacher Microcredential so that we can let you know when registration re-opens for the next cohort!
The Connected Teacher Microcredential is currently closed, unless you wish to purchase the Honor, No Mentor option. Please register your interest for this microcredential (with a mentor) on The Connected Teacher Microcredential so that we can let you know when registration opens.
What is the approximate time commitment required?
You can expect to spend between 3-5 hours (approximately) per week with course work.
Do I have to take the courses in order?
Each Microcredential program page is set out with a recommended order to take the courses. However, you can customize the order in which you take the courses to suit your own needs and/or time constraints.
Although we do not recommend it, you can take several courses at once.
What happens if I don't finish all the course work?
Premium or Academy Package
If you are completing a Microcredential course for credit and you don't finish all the course work before the end of the academic year for your cohort then you automatically drop down to Honor Level and you will not receive credit. You will still have access to the material for a total of one (1) year from the cohort start date.
You will still have access to the course material for a total of one (1) year from the cohort start date.
Are course credits and/or clock hours available?
Course credits and/or clock hours (through Heritage / Antioch University) are only available in the Premium and Academy package options. They are not available in the Honor package option.
Which package option is right for me?
How do I get my 1:1 appointment with my mentor?
Once the Microcredential program is underway, it’s up to you to make the appointment with your mentor for a time convenient for you and your mentor. (Premium & Academy option only)
How private are your private communities?
Our online courses are known for their embedded community forums. We often ask you to share private information about challenges, difficulties, and successes to help move forward in learning. In order to build a trusting and safe space for professional growth, we have a confidentiality policy for all of our online courses.
Can I take another Microcredential when I'm finished one?
Of course! Each Microcredential has a different lens through which your learning can be customized to best fit your needs and your teaching environment. We'd love to help and support you through a Microcredential pathway of learning.
If there's a Microcredential you think we should offer ..... send us your suggestion via our Contact Us Form - we'd love to hear from you!
Can I transfer my payment to another educator?
Registration may be transferred to another person free of charge up to 5 days before the start of the course. Thereafter a $25 fee may be applied.
The new participant will be automatically enrolled in the course that the original participant. The new participant will be required to update any demographic information as appropriate.
To request a transfer, please send the full name and email address of both the original participant and the new participant to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Course Registration Transfer".
What is your refund policy?
Please refer to our Service Agreement Terms and Conditions for full details.
What is your cancellation policy?
In the unlikely event of the cancellation of a Microcredential Program, before it's official start date, due to circumstances beyond our control, participants will have the option of:
- transferring to another microcredential program;
- transferring to the next cohort of the same program;
- receive a 100% refund of registration fees
I have a question that you haven't answered!
We'd love to hear from you! Contact us via our contact form!
Or if you prefer to send us an email, it's services[@]edurolearning.com