Social Media: A Global Perspective
Beginning this month, our advisory board will get together on YouTube Live to discuss a topic relevant to teachers today. The Eduro Learning Advisory Board is a global group of educators, parents, and students that help us measure the pulse of what is important in today’s connected classroom and society.
This month’s topic is “Social Media: A Global Perspective.” Watch the YouTube Live video below to discover popular social media apps around the world, the purpose behind it, and how people use these tools. After you watch the video, make sure to check out the resources shared during the discussion by our advisory board members.
- Which apps are popular in your region of the world?
- How does this represent the culture where you are?
- What connects all of these? What is similar?
- What is the purpose of social media?
- How do people use these different tools?
- Why should educators care about using social media as a learning opportunity?
- Note to Self podcast Episode: Go Ahead. Miss Out from Kim
- Smarter Than You Think by Clive Thompson from Pana
- Making Media Literacy Central to Digital Citizenship, KQED from Keri-Lee
- Rockit TV: Tough Talk on Real Topics from Keri-Lee
- Hackathons for students from Brian
- Rhett & Link on Youtube from Rebekah – fascinating to see how professional even “fun YouTube” is & how they build community
- Rethinking Readiness: Deeper Learning for College Work & Life from Ben