DIGITAL LITERACY COACH
After starting my teaching career 14 years ago in the US I’ve had the privilege of teaching at international schools in Thailand, India, Cambodia, Korea, and Indonesia. I’ve also had the privilege of working at the University of Kentucky while I worked toward a PhD in educational leadership. (still under construction) Throughout my career I’ve worked as a classroom teacher, learning innovation coach, technology coordinator, instructional designer, university lecturer, and consultant. In addition to teaching in the P-12 setting I also enjoy teaching undergraduate and masters level courses in educational technology and design thinking.
I’m passionate about working with educators to utilize sound pedagogy and innovative technology to accelerate learning. I feel technology can be leveraged to enhance literacy, increase student motivation and engagement, and empower students to take control of their learning.
I’ve enjoyed presenting at conferences such as The iPad Summit (New Delhi), Learning2, EARCOS, 21Century Learning Hong Kong, Rethinking Literacy, International Symposium of Educational Reform, as well as virtually for events such as the online Global Education Conference.
- Travel My love of travel motivated me to move abroad in the first place. Now I am lucky enough to see the world with my wife and two boys!
- Riding bikes I enjoy riding bikes which I sometimes combine with my love of travel. This has allowed me to ride bikes to places such as Iceland, Cuba, Northern India, Borneo and others.
- Exploring the intersection of technology, education, and industry Lately I’ve been very interested in studying where technology, industry and education come together. I think it’s an amazing time to be in education as things like augmented reality, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence are becoming very accessible. I’m excited to see how people both inside and outside traditional educational institutions utilize these tools to push learning and education to new dimensions.
Awards, Accolades, Honors
- Apple Distinguished Educator
- Contributing author for Apple’s educational ebook “One Best Thing; Connecting Classrooms: Activities to Promote Global Collaboration”
- COETAIL Facilitator
- 5th grade art contest winner
“I’m always excited and honored to work alongside educators pushing the envelope of traditional learning models in honor of relevancy and learner agency.”