Coaching: From Theory to Practice
Watch the Course Overview:
The action plan final project gave us a concrete product to take back and was very helpful for new coaches.2017 Graduate
PREMIUM BUNDLE – 6 COURSES*
Six (6) individual courses that build upon each other, exploring a variety of resources about successful coaching so that you can develop an action plan for creating a successful program in your school.
- What is Coaching? (Coaching: Learning to Lead)
- Why do Schools need Coaches? (Creating a Culture of Coaching)
- How do Coaches Work? (Coaching: What Style Should I Use?)
- What Challenges do Coaches Face? (Coaching: Managing Challenges)
- Coaching for School-Wide Change (Coaching: Building Capacity in Your School)
- Putting it into Action: Bringing Coaching to Your School (Not available as an individual course)
This Premium Bundle is applicable for anyone in a coaching role, or just starting out in a coaching position; K-12 teachers, staff development trainers, administrators, or anyone looking to increase their coaching skills and processes.
All references and materials are located online.
*DON’T NEED ALL 6 COURSES?
The first five courses in this Premium Bundle are also available to purchase separately as Individual Courses.
- Coaching: Learning to Lead (What is Coaching?)
- Creating a Culture of Coaching (Why do Schools need Coaches?)
- Coaching: What Style Should I Use? (How do Coaches Work?)
- Coaching: Managing Challenges (What Challenges do Coaches Face?)
- Coaching: Building Capacity in Your School (Coaching for School-Wide Change)
The Recommended Bundle (3 courses) Coaching in Practice is also available and contains the following three courses:
- Creating a Culture of Coaching
- Coaching: Managing Challenges
- Coaching: Building Capacity in Your School
3-5 hours (approx.) per course. 18-30 hours (approx) for the complete Premium Bundle. (Note: Facilitated, and For Credit options have specific timeframes and deadlines)
After completing this Premium Bundle, you will be able to:
Implement strategies for initiating and sustaining technology innovations and manage the change process in schools and classrooms;
Coach teachers in and model design and implementation of technology – enhanced learning experiences using a variety of research based, learner-centered instructional strategies and assessment tools to address the diverse needs and interests of all students;
Design, develop, and implement technology-rich professional learning programs that model principles of adult learning and promote digital age best practices in teaching, learning and assessment;
Engage in continual learning to deepen content and pedagogical knowledge in technology integration and current and emerging technologies necessary to effectively implement the ISTE Standards•S and Standards•T; and
Engage in continuous learning to deepen professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions in organizational change and leadership, project management, and adult learning to improve professional practice.
We offer packages for teams of educators that want to take an online course and leverage the power of working as a team to collaborate and learn together. We will work with your school to customize a course, or grouping of courses, to make sure your PD accomplishes what you need it to.
Pricing and Course Options
Not sure which package is right for you? We have a range of options to best suit your needs and requirements.
All options include premium content designed for teachers by teachers in a convenient, online format.
- Start the course as soon as you pay
- Work as quickly or slowly as you want – no deadlines!
- Access to all course material & forums for one (1) year
- No university credit (cannot be used for teacher license renewal)
- No facilitator feedback as participants work at their own pace
- Limited communication between participants (based on individual pacing)
- Course Caretaker for tech-support
FacilitatedOUR MOST POPULAR OPTION!
- Facilitated cohort-model where participants communicate regularly
- Regular facilitator feedback
- Weekly Group Video “Hangout”
- 1 Personal “Accountability” Call
- Must be completed within 7 weeks – deadlines are firm
- Must start at cohort timeline (all participants start and finish together)
- No university credit (cannot be used for teacher licence renewal)
- Certificate of Completion issued upon request
HeritageEARN QUARTER CREDITS!
- Includes everything in FACILITATED as well as …
- 5 continuing education quarter credits (50 Clock Hours; Continuing education quarter credits can be used for Teaching Certificate Renewal or Salary Advancement*).
- Minimal official university paperwork must be completed in a timely manner for credit.
*Continuing Education Quarter Credits are available for Eduro Learning's Premium bundles.The Heritage Institute continuing education quarter credits are awarded through Antioch University Seattle at the 500 level. Antioch University Seattle’s Continuing Education Quarter Credits are acceptable in most states for teaching certificate renewal and salary advancement.
Prior to registering for a course, we recommend you seek approval from your state office of education or school district Human Resources department as many state and district requirements are unique. Click here for more FAQs or call 1800/445-1305 or log onto www.hol.edu policies page for more information.
Facilitated & For Credit Course Schedule
For the Academic Year 2018/2019
(Dates to be confirmed)
Round 1: October / November
Round 2: January / March
Round 3: April / May
What our customers are saying
Don’t take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“I really enjoyed the course! It was rigorous, practical and I learned a lot. I have lots of ideas to take back to my school and a roll-out plan for my new tech coach role.”
~ Rikki, 2017 Course Graduate
“I learned a lot and gained confidence to make a case to administration for more coaching at our school!”
~ 2016 Course Graduate
“I loved the connection to people. The readings were appropriate and not arduous. The expectations for submitted work were realistic, but allowed for individuals tailoring it to their own needs.”
~ 2015 Graduate
“The resources and the topic are incredibly helpful.”
~ 2015 Graduate
“The flexibility of assignments as they all offered choices.”
~ 2015 Graduate
Can I register for a group?
Yes you can! Contact us by filling in this form here.
Can I transfer my payment to another educator?
Registration may be transferred to another person free of charge up to 10 days before the start of the course. Thereafter a $25 fee may be applied.
The new participant will be automatically enrolled in the same course as the original participant. The new participant will be required to update any demographic information as appropriate.
To request a transfer, please send the full name and email address of both the original participant and the new participant to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Course Registration Transfer".
What is your refund policy?
For Credit (Heritage Option)
- More than 60 days prior to the start of the course: Full refund less $50 handling fee
- 60 – 31 days prior to the start of the course: 75% refund less $50 handling fee
- 30 – 15 days prior to the start of the course: 50% refund less $50 handling fee
- 14– 0 days prior to the start of the course: No refund
No refunds can be given on the Self-paced Option
What is your cancellation policy?
In the unlikely event of the cancellation of the facilitated (For Credit/Heritage) option due to circumstances beyond our control, participants will have the option of:
- transferring to another course starting within the next 3 months;
- transferring to the next cohort of the same course;
- receive a 100% refund of registration fees
Please note: Cancellation is not applicable to the Self-Paced Option