Coding and Design
WATCH THE COURSE OVERVIEW:
PREMIUM BUNDLE – 6 COURSES
(Not currently available as Individual C
Six (6) individual courses that build upon each other, to expose you to several ways of thinking about complex problems and their solutions so that you can create an impact project for students that incorporates elements of design thinking and/or app design practices.
- Computational Thinking and Lateral Thinking
- Coding Part 1: Coding Language and Pseudo-Code
- Coding Part 2: Remix and Create
- Introducing Design Thinking
- Introducing App Design
- Designing an App & Final Project
This course is designed for educators K-12. No prior coding experience is necessary but you may also be interested in Advanced Coding: Embedding Computational Thinking or Introduction to Coding in the Classroom.
All references and materials are located online.
3-5 hours (approx.) per course. 18-30 hours (approx) for the complete Premium Bundle.
(Note: The Facilitated and For Credit course options have specific timeframes and deadlines)
After completing this Premium Bundle, you will be able to:
- Understand and identify ways in which computational thinking can be applied in the classroom;
- Recognize that computational thinking and lateral thinking can develop problem-solving skills;
- Understand ways in which coding and design principles and processes can be applied to creating solutions to real-world problems;
- Understand the ways in which design thinking and app design strategies can generate creative, effective and meaningful solutions;
- Use coding/programming as a way to deepen and extend student learning; and
- View app design from a computational thinking perspective.
We offer packages for teams of educators that want to take an online course and leverage the power of working as a team to collaborate and learn together. We will work with your school to customize a course, or grouping of courses, to make sure your PD accomplishes what you need it to.
Pricing and Course Options
Not sure which package is right for you? We have a range of options to best suit your needs and requirements.
All options include premium content designed for teachers by teachers in a convenient, online format.
- Start the 6-course bundle as soon as you pay.
- Work as quickly or slowly as you want – no deadlines!
- Access to all course material & forums for one (1) year.
- No university credit (cannot be used for teacher license renewal).
- No facilitator feedback as you work at your own pace.
- Limited communication between participants (based on individual pacing).
- Course Caretaker for tech-support.
FacilitatedOUR MOST POPULAR OPTION!
- Facilitated cohort-model where participants communicate regularly.
- Regular facilitator feedback.
- Weekly Group Video “Hangout”.
- 1 Personal “Accountability” Call.
- Must be completed within 7 weeks – deadlines are firm.
- Must start at cohort timeline (all participants start and finish together).
- No university credit (cannot be used for teacher licence renewal).
- Certificate of Completion issued upon completion.
HeritageEARN QUARTER CREDITS/CLOCK HOURS!
- Includes everything in FACILITATED as well as …
- 5 continuing education quarter credits (50 Clock Hours; Continuing education quarter credits can be used for Teaching Certificate Renewal or Salary Advancement*).
- Minimal official university paperwork must be completed in a timely manner for credit.
*Continuing Education Quarter Credits are available for Eduro Learning's Premium Courses.The Heritage Institute continuing education quarter credits are awarded through Antioch University Seattle at the 500 level. Antioch University Seattle’s Continuing Education Quarter Credits are acceptable in most states for teaching certificate renewal and salary advancement.
Prior to registering for a course, we recommend you seek approval from your state office of education or school district Human Resources department as many state and district requirements are unique. Click here for more FAQs or call 1800/445-1305 or log onto www.hol.edu policies page for more information.
Facilitated & For Credit Course Schedule
For the Academic Year 2018/2019
(Dates to be confirmed)
Round 1: October / November
Round 2: January / March
Round 3: April / May
What our customers are saying about our other premium courses
Don’t take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“I really enjoyed the course! It was rigorous, practical and I learned a lot. I have lots of ideas to take back to my school and a roll-out plan for my new tech coach role.”
~ Rikki, 2017 Course Graduate
“I learned a lot and gained confidence to make a case to administration for more coaching at our school!”
~ 2016 Course Graduate
“I loved the connection to people. The readings were appropriate and not arduous. The expectations for submitted work were realistic, but allowed for individuals tailoring it to their own needs.”
~ 2015 Graduate
“The resources and the topic are incredibly helpful.”
~ 2015 Graduate
“The flexibility of assignments as they all offered choices.”
~ 2015 Graduate
Can I register for a group?
Yes you can! Contact us by filling in this form here.
Can I transfer my payment to another educator?
Registration may be transferred to another person free of charge up to 10 days before the start of the course. Thereafter a $25 fee may be applied.
The new participant will be automatically enrolled in the same course as the original participant. The new participant will be required to update any demographic information as appropriate.
To request a transfer, please send the full name and email address of both the original participant and the new participant to email@example.com with the subject line "Course Registration Transfer".
What is your refund policy?
For Credit (Heritage Option)
- More than 60 days prior to the start of the course: Full refund less $50 handling fee
- 60 – 31 days prior to the start of the course: 75% refund less $50 handling fee
- 30 – 15 days prior to the start of the course: 50% refund less $50 handling fee
- 14– 0 days prior to the start of the course: No refund
No refunds can be given on the Self-paced Option
What is your cancellation policy?
In the unlikely event of the cancellation of the facilitated (For Credit/Heritage) option due to circumstances beyond our control, participants will have the option of:
- transferring to another course starting within the next 3 months;
- transferring to the next cohort of the same course;
- receive a 100% refund of registration fees
Please note: Cancellation is not applicable to the Self-Paced Option