I’ve taught every grade from K-12 but middle school has been home for a long time. I love the unanticipated brilliance that spills out of middle school students when they least expect it. They’re simultaneously brilliant and hilarious. Working in K-12 schools has been the best because you see the incredible transformations students go through.
After almost twenty years teaching globally, Robin Ulster and I returned to Canada. We have been doing a lot of teacher training in coding and design to help teachers help students harness technology in developing creative solutions to problems (and to have fun).
- New Challenges – I love new challenges and am always learning a new language. These days those languages are also of the coding variety.
- Exploring – For fun, I can’t think of anything better than exploring the mountains, forests and waterways of British Columbia.
Awards, Accolades, Honors
- B.A. and M.Sc.
- Certificate of Educational Technology and Information Literacy
- Certificate in Online Teaching
- Certificate in Gifted Education
- Common Sense Certified EdTech Mentor
- Adobe Youth Educator and Trainer
“We (Robin Ulster and I) have been exploring the potential of technology in the classroom for a long time. The push for coding and design in the classroom is a wonderful one, but many teachers aren’t sure where to start since they are learning themselves. When we created the coding courses for Eduro Learning we wanted to show teachers that they can not only teach coding but they can also connect it to their existing curricula in meaningful ways.”