I am a Middle and High school teacher and I am lucky enough to have taught in Canada, the United States, Colombia, Turkey and Thailand. I love working with middle school students because they are so full of energy. Middle school students are so much more capable than they think and it’s so exciting to see them take on challenges and realize what they can do.
- Reading – so many good books out there, such little time!
- Hiking – as long as the backpack isn’t too heavy!
- Coding – still learning and still loving it!
- Travel – lucky enough to work with my husband so we have the same vacations.
Awards, Accolades, Honors
- Certificate of Education Technology and Information Literacy
- Certificate in Online Teaching
- Certificate in Gifted Education
- Adobe Youth Educator and Adobe Education Trainer
- Teaching English as a Second Language Certification
“James Denby, my teaching and writing partner, and I have been wanting to design technology courses for teachers for a long time. In the area of coding in particular, we know that many teachers feel uncomfortable teaching something that they are still learning themselves. When we created courses for Eduro Learning, we wanted to show teachers that they can learn and teach coding, design and computational thinking at the same time as they are learning. it’s challenging, it’s fun and it’s easy to integrate in the curriculum.”