Designing A Parent Learning Program
Watch the Premium Bundle Overview:
This Premium-extended Bundle of eight (8) individual courses has been designed to help you to better understand the concerns that parents have about learning in digital spaces, and to provide you with key resources, strategies and tips to design a parent learning program to keep all stakeholders in your school community informed and engaged.
Our hope is that you can take the Parenting in the Digital Age (PITDA) courses and implement them as a Parent Learning Program in your school community.
The Parenting in the Digital Age (PITDA) courses cover these topics:
- Understanding the New Learning Landscape
Exploring new ways that students are learning with technology today.
- Technology Never Sleeps
From phones, to laptops, to tablets, strategies for effectively managing distractions, and finding balance, with multiple devices at home.
- Citizenship in a Digital World
Learning how to build safe, responsible & respectful habits with your children.
- Social Media and Your Child
From Snapchat to Instagram, how, what and why are kids sharing online?
- It’s A Visual World
Helping your child to navigate and manage what they see in a media-rich world.
- Embracing Creativity: Going Beyond the Tools
Where and how are students expressing themselves, exploring their passions and developing essential skills in creative digital spaces.
This premium-extended bundle is applicable for teachers, coaches, and/or leaders working with and supporting parents in a technology-rich environment, looking to develop and put in place a support program for parents in their school community.
All reference materials located online.
Living, learning, and parenting today in a technology-rich world is complicated. The Eduro Learning Parenting in the Digital Age courses offer parents the chance to learn in ways they perhaps never have before. The courses allow parents access to deepen their understanding of how to be a connected learner, and offers up a fresh perspective for them to view the digital context in which their children are learning today. This authentic learning experience is long overdue and something we have found to be very helpful to help parents be more informed members of our school learning community at ZIS.
Elizabeth Wargo, Technology Coach,
Zurich International School
3-5 hours (approx.) per course. 24-40 hours (approx.) for the complete Premium-extended bundle.
(Please Note: Only the Self-Paced option of this Premium Bundle is available for purchase at this time. There is no Facilitated or For Credit Option at this time.)
After completing this premium-extended bundle, you will be able to:
- Understand and be able to address the key concerns that parents have about technology-rich learning;
- Be able to confidently articulate the purpose of technology-rich learning, at a school-wide level; and
- Design and create a long-term parent learning program to help all stakeholders in their school community understand their school’s technology-rich learning environment.
Pricing and Course Options
Not sure which package is right for you? We have a range of options to best suit your needs and requirements.
All options include premium content designed for teachers by teachers in a convenient, online format.
- Start the course as soon as you pay
- Work as quickly or slowly as you want
- No deadlines
- Lifetime Access to all course material
- No university credit (cannot be used for teacher license renewal)
- No facilitator feedback as participants work at their own pace
- Limited communication between participants (based on individual pacing)
FacilitatedREGISTRATION OPENS 26 AUGUST 2019!
- Facilitated cohort-model where participants communicate regularly
- Regular facilitator feedback
- Weekly Group Video “Hangout”
- 1 Personal “Accountability” Call
- Must be completed within 7 weeks – deadlines are firm
- Must start at cohort timeline (all participants start and finish together)
- No university credit (cannot be used for teacher licence renewal)
- Certificate of Completion issued upon request
For CreditOPTION NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
- NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME BUT PLEASE REGISTER YOUR INTEREST BY CLICKING THE BUTTON BELOW.
Facilitated & For Credit Course Schedule
For the Academic Year 2019/2020
Available only ONCE a year!
REGISTRATION OPENS: 26 August 2019
Facilitated / For Credit Course starts: 7 October 2019
Faciliated / For Credit Course ends: 1 December 2019
What our customers are saying about our other Premium Bundles
Don’t take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“I really enjoyed the course! It was rigorous, practical and I learned a lot. I have lots of ideas to take back to my school and a roll-out plan for my new tech coach role.”
~ Rikki, 2017 Course Graduate
“I learned a lot and gained confidence to make a case to administration for more coaching at our school!”
~ 2016 Course Graduate
“I loved the connection to people. The readings were appropriate and not arduous. The expectations for submitted work were realistic, but allowed for individuals tailoring it to their own needs.”
~ 2015 Graduate
“The resources and the topic are incredibly helpful.”
~ 2015 Graduate
“The flexibility of assignments as they all offered choices.”
~ 2015 Graduate
Can I register for a group of teachers/coaches?
Yes you can! Contact us by filling in this form here.
Can I transfer my payment to another educator?
Registration may be transferred to another person free of charge up to 10 days before the start of the course. Thereafter a $25 fee may be applied.
The new participant will be automatically enrolled in the same course as the original participant. The new participant will be required to update any demographic information as appropriate.
To request a transfer, please send the full name and email address of both the original participant and the new participant to email@example.com with the subject line "Course Registration Transfer".
What is your refund policy?
For Credit (Heritage Option)
- More than 60 days prior to the start of the course: Full refund less $50 handling fee
- 60 – 31 days prior to the start of the course: 75% refund less $50 handling fee
- 30 – 15 days prior to the start of the course: 50% refund less $50 handling fee
- 14– 0 days prior to the start of the course: No refund
No refunds can be given on the Self-paced Option
What is your cancellation policy?
In the unlikely event of the cancellation of the facilitated (For Credit/Heritage) option due to circumstances beyond our control, participants will have the option of:
- transferring to another course starting within the next 3 months;
- transferring to the next cohort of the same course;
- receive a 100% refund of registration fees
Please note: Cancellation is not applicable to the Self-Paced Option