Digital Citizenship for Educators
WATCH THE COURSE OVERVIEW:
PREMIUM BUNDLE – 6 COURSES*
Six (6) individual courses that build upon each other, uncovering a variety of ways to protect, balance and respect yourself and your students so that you can easily integrate digital citizenship in your classroom.
- Fake News and the Responsibility to be Digitally Literate
- Respectfully Disagreeing as a Resilient Digital Citizen
- Breaking Down Classroom Walls to Build Bridges
- Empowering Your Students to be Responsible in the Digital World
- Staying Safe Online
- Integrating Digital Citizenship into Your Curriculum
This Premium Bundle of 6 courses is appropriate for those working with students in grades, K-12 including teachers, para-educators, counselors, and other support personnel.
All references and materials are located online.
*DON’T NEED ALL 6 COURSES?
All six courses in this premium bundle are available for purchase separately. You can find them on our Teacher Online Courses page under INDIVIDUAL COURSES.
The readings were appropriate and not arduous. The expectations for submitted work were realistic, but allowed for individuals tailoring it to their own needs.
3-5 hours (approx.) per course. 18-30 hours (approx) for the complete premium bundle.
(Note: Facilitated and For Credit options have specific timeframes and deadlines)
After completing this Premium Bundle, you will be able to:
- Identify the elements conducive to an empowering environment;
- Evaluate existing Acceptable Use Policies and/or Responsible Use Policies (AUP/RUPs);
- Understand the use of copyright free images, music and videos (Creative Commons);
- Design and promote strategies to stay balanced in a world filled with distractions;
- Compare various viewpoints and arguments for and against privacy and protection online;
- Determine appropriate ways to share learning within the classroom with students;
- Evaluate digital citizenship resources; and
- Design digital citizenship learning opportunities.
We offer packages for teams of educators that want to take an online course and leverage the power of working as a team to collaborate and learn together. We will work with your school to customize a course, or grouping of courses, to make sure your PD accomplishes what you need it to.
Pricing and Course Options
Not sure which package is right for you? We have a range of options to best suit your needs and requirements.
All options include premium content designed for teachers by teachers in a convenient, online format.
- Start the 6 course bundle as soon as you pay.
- Work as quickly or slowly as you want – no deadlines!
- Lifetime Access to all course material.
- No university credit (cannot be used for teacher license renewal).
- No facilitator feedback as you work at your own pace.
- Limited communication between participants (based on individual pacing).
- Course Caretaker for tech-support.
FacilitatedOUR MOST POPULAR OPTION!
- Facilitated cohort-model where participants communicate regularly.
- Regular facilitator feedback.
- Weekly Group Video “Hangout”.
- 1 Personal “Accountability” Call.
- Must be completed within 7 weeks – deadlines are firm.
- Must start at cohort timeline (all participants start and finish together).
- No university credit (cannot be used for teacher licence renewal).
- Certificate of Completion issued upon request.
HeritageEARN QUARTER CREDITS/CLOCK HOURS!
- Includes everything in FACILITATED as well as …
- 5 continuing education quarter credits (50 Clock Hours; Continuing education quarter credits can be used for Teaching Certificate Renewal or Salary Advancement*).
- Minimal official university paperwork must be completed in a timely manner for credit.
*Continuing Education Quarter Credits are available for Eduro Learning's Premium bundles.The Heritage Institute continuing education quarter credits are awarded through Antioch University Seattle at the 500 level. Antioch University Seattle’s Continuing Education Quarter Credits are acceptable in most states for teaching certificate renewal and salary advancement.
Prior to registering for a course, we recommend you seek approval from your state office of education or school district Human Resources department as many state and district requirements are unique. Click here for more FAQs or call 1800/445-1305 or log onto www.hol.edu policies page for more information.
Facilitated & For Credit Course Schedule
For the Academic Year 2019
Registration opens: 26 August, 2019
Facilitated Course Starts: 7 October, 2019
Facilitated Course Ends: 1 December, 2019
What our customers are saying
Don’t take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“I am very grateful for the opportunity to do the course. It was daunting that the other participants were already so knowledgeable, but they were very encouraging. The facilitator was generous and encouraging. It’s given me a lot to think about and plan for myself and my year level. It also helps in my role on the ICT committee.“
~ 2016 Course Graduate
“The resources and the topic are incredibly helpful.”
~ 2015 Graduate
“I found the course to be extremely worthwhile. I’ve enjoyed the content, the activities and the conversations. Thanks!“
~ 2016 Course Graduate
“I loved the connection to people. The readings were appropriate and not arduous. The expectations for submitted work were realistic, but allowed for individuals tailoring it to their own needs.”
~ 2015 Graduate
Can I register for a group?
Yes you can! Contact us by filling in this form here.
Can I transfer my payment to another educator?
Registration may be transferred to another person free of charge up to 10 days before the start of the course. Thereafter a $25 fee may be applied.
The new participant will be automatically enrolled in the same course as the original participant. The new participant will be required to update any demographic information as appropriate.
To request a transfer, please send the full name and email address of both the original participant and the new participant to email@example.com with the subject line "Course Registration Transfer".
What is your refund policy?
For Credit (Heritage Option)
- More than 60 days prior to the start of the course: Full refund less $50 handling fee
- 60 – 31 days prior to the start of the course: 75% refund less $50 handling fee
- 30 – 15 days prior to the start of the course: 50% refund less $50 handling fee
- 14– 0 days prior to the start of the course: No refund
No refunds can be given on the Self-paced Option
What is your cancellation policy?
In the unlikely event of the cancellation of the facilitated (For Credit/Heritage) option due to circumstances beyond our control, participants will have the option of:
- transferring to another course starting within the next 3 months;
- transferring to the next cohort of the same course;
- receive a 100% refund of registration fees
Please note: Cancellation is not applicable to the Self-Paced Option