PREK-2 TECHNOLOGY AND DESIGN COACH
As a daughter of an expat, I am no stranger to new cities, people, food, and school systems. Born to Thai parents living in Illinois, my family and I left my birthplace when I was just five years old and I’ve been moving from one city to the next ever since! I have studied, lived, and worked in Melbourne, Manila, Singapore, Bangkok, New York, Hong Kong, and now Taipei.
Even before I went to college, I knew I wanted to work with children, more specifically in early childhood. Equipped with a bachelor’s degree in psychology, I entered straight into the world of education as a teaching assistant at an international school in Bangkok. Within the first few months of this job, I knew that early childhood education was where I wanted my career to go, so I spent that year gaining certification and the following school year, I joined the ESL team.
My journey continued on to becoming fully certified as an early childhood general and special education teacher. I spent seven years working in classrooms with children between the ages of three to seven. One year, I was given four iPads to use in my classroom, asked to start a class blog, and joined Twitter. It was the combination of these things that sparked a shift in my teaching philosophy to include the way technology connects us as global citizens. I now work as a PreK-2 Technology and Design Coach where I focus on helping students and teachers not only use technology, but to understand how technology is an intricate part of how we think, learn, and communicate, even at five years old. From redefining what it means to be literate in today’s world, to understanding how robotics and engineering permeate our lives, I believe even our youngest learners can and should learn to think about, analyze, and apply these skills and understandings.
- Baking: When I have the time I love trying out new recipes, but my speciality is a salted caramel French macaron!
- Shopping: I know, I know…but I do believe there is an artform behind knowing how to spot an item and understanding how to match, pair, place, or accessorize it. From clothing to antiques, I love looking for little gems that will spice up my wardrobe or home. Finding a bargain is even better!
- Food: Having spent my life in so many places, I love trying new restaurants, dishes, and cuisines.
- Travel: I still have much of the world to see, and am excited to continue discovering new corners of the globe.
Awards, Accolades, Honors
- Founder of #KchatAP, Kindergarten Chat Asia Pacific
- Creator of the Traveling Teddy Project, #GlobalEdTed
- Author “Going Global: The Traveling Teddy Project”
- Apple Distinguished Educator, Apple
- COETAIL Coach, COETAIL
- Book Creator Ambassador, Book Creator
- Seesaw Learning Ambassador, Seesaw
“Being a member of the advisory board at Eduro is a great opportunity to collaborate and provide feedback on programs that are geared toward the future of learning. I am excited about working with the Eduro board and team to help educators and parents become stronger support systems for our students.”