Coaching conversations are different from other professional conversations you may be familiar with.
The heart of our coaching practice is coaching conversations – deep, reflective dialogue with our coaching partners to help them uncover the next steps for their professional growth.
When done well, our coaching partners feel listened to, heard, valued and respected.
These are the kinds of conversations we want to be having as coaches.
But what do they look like? Sound like? Feel like?
Because coaching conversations are private, it’s often hard to see and hear what these conversations could look like.
This course features four sample coaching conversations in action so you can identify and target the specific coaching conversation skills you need to build.
You’ll see coaching conversations with:
– A brand new coach, trying to figure out what the role looks like in her setting
– A coach who’s also a PYP Coordinator and a Librarian trying to build a coaching culture
– A Primary School administrator who’s bringing a coaching culture to her school community
– A tech coach who’s trying to shift from stand-alone tech classes to a tech coaching model
How can you set yourself up for success during coaching conversations?
Inside the course, you’ll learn:
– How coaching conversations are different from other professional conversations you may be familiar with.
– What to do before, during, and after a coaching conversation.
– Key coaching conversation skills you need to know before you start coaching.
By the end of this course, you will be able to …
– identify and develop key coaching conversation skills
– plan for, and reflect on, a successful coaching conversation
– use concrete coaching skills to have a successful coaching conversation
– understand what a successful coaching conversation looks, sounds and feels like
To complete the course content: 1-3 hours (approx.)
Applicable for anyone in a coaching role, or just starting out in a coaching position; K-12 teachers, staff development trainers, administrators, or anyone looking to increase their coaching skills and processes.
All references and materials are located online.