Design Thinking in the Classroom
Self-paced; No Facilitator; No course credit.
Be introduced to the theory behind Design Thinking and how it fits into an educational settings. Participate in a challenge and create an action plan for how design thinking can be immediately put into use in your own educational context.
– Discovery: What is Design Thinking?
– Empathy: Who Needs Design Thinking?
– Ideation: What Can I Create and What Problems Can I Solve?
– Prototype: Experimenting with Design Thinking
– Reflecting: Evolution of Design Thinking
– Design Thinking Final Project
After completing this course, you will be able to:
– Evaluate the need for, and use of, design thinking for your school;
– Promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness;
– Understand the emotional obligation of the design thinking process;
– Identify ways in which design thinking pedagogies can be utilized in classroom/school settings;
– Design and experience ways of integrating the design thinking process;
– Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the design thinking process;
– Evaluate the use of design thinking embedded into your curriculum;
– Create a design thinking implementation plan for your school; and
– Regularly reflect and share learning through course communication tools.
3-5 hours (approx.) per topic. 18-30 hours (approx) for the complete course.
Who is this course for?
This course is applicable for any K-12 teacher, administrator, or anyone looking to increase their design thinking skills and processes.
All references and materials are located online.
|Choose Course Option
Self-Paced – $247.00, Facilitated – $447.00, Heritage – $687.00