Heritage Course Number: ED460x
Participants in this course will be introduced to the theory behind Design Thinking and how Design Thinking fits into an educational settings. Participants will participate in a Design Thinking challenge and will be asked to create an action plan for how Design Thinking can be immediately put into use in their own educational context.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the need for, and use of, design thinking for your school;
- Promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness;
- Understand the emotional obligation of the design thinking process;
- Identify ways in which design thinking pedagogies can be utilized in classroom/school settings;
- Design and experience ways of integrating the design thinking process;
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the design thinking process;
- Evaluate the use of design thinking embedded into your curriculum;
- Create a design thinking implementation plan for your school; and
- Regularly reflect and share learning through course communication tools.