Heritage Course Number: ED460x
Be introduced to the theory behind Design Thinking and how it fits into an educational settings. Participate in a challenge and create an action plan for how design thinking can be immediately put into use in your own educational context.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the need for, and use of, design thinking for your school;
- Promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness;
- Understand the emotional obligation of the design thinking process;
- Identify ways in which design thinking pedagogies can be utilized in classroom/school settings;
- Design and experience ways of integrating the design thinking process;
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the design thinking process;
- Evaluate the use of design thinking embedded into your curriculum;
- Create a design thinking implementation plan for your school; and
- Regularly reflect and share learning through course communication tools.