Heritage Course Number: CM402m
How do we teach digital citizenship? What exactly do we teach? How do we integrate digital citizenship into the curriculum? This course will uncover a variety of ways for teachers to help their students to balance, respect and protect themselves online and offline.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the elements conducive to an empowering environment;
- Evaluate existing Acceptable Use Policies and/or Responsible Use Policies (AUP/RUPs);
- Understand the use of copyright free images, music and videos (Creative Commons);
- Design and promote strategies to stay balanced in a world filled with distractions;
- Compare various viewpoints and arguments for and against privacy and protection online;
- Determine appropriate ways to share learning within the classroom with students;
- Evaluate digital citizenship resources; and
- Design digital citizenship learning opportunities.