Applicable K-12 and will be appropriate for all school staff (administrators, teachers, coaches, support staff and instructional assistants). References and materials are located online.
The three (3) courses in this Recommended Bundle:
*Course 1: Fake News and the Responsibility to be Digitally Literate
Examining how to distinguish between fake news and real news and how to verify sources of information online. Specific Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the importance of digital literacy in our world today; and
- Know how to teach students how to decipher between fake and reliable sources.
*Course 2: Respectfully Disagreeing as a Resilient Digital Citizen
Examining effective communication in online spaces and how to be resilient as a global citizen. Specific Learning Outcomes:
- Speak to the idea of resilience and why it’s so critical for students to practice this skill; and
- Be able to teach students how to effectively and respectfully communicate in both digital and physical spaces.
*Course 3: Breaking Down Classroom Walls to Build Bridges
Exploring a variety of strategies to build bridges and connect with people from around the world. Specific Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the importance of teaching empathy in today’s schools; and
- Know how to connect your class with another class or expert from around the world.
*Can be purchased individually