Heritage Course Number: CM402v
Games are fun, engaging, goal oriented and challenging. They are increasingly influencing our culture and as a result our classrooms. Research suggests that engaged students learn better. How does game design mirror the learning process? What are the characteristics of popular games? How can games help student engagement and achievement? How can game-based learning and gamification be integrated into the curriculum?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand that Game-based Learning and gamification can present challenges in a classroom;
- Understand that design and experience are ways of integrating game-based learning into the curriculum;
- Evaluate the need for, and use of, game-based learning and gamification in school;
- Identify and evaluate ways in which to integrate game-based learning into a curriculum;
- Evaluate problems and identify various ways to solve them; and
- Reflect on game design and the understand the importance of the narrative.