Change is difficult, especially in education. This Recommended Course with 3 modules has been put together especially for administrators and other leaders tasked with improving student learning with the introduction of technological (computers, tablets, laptops etc) devices.
The three (3) modules in this Recommended Course are:
Module 1: Leadership: Developing a Shared Vision of Technology for Learning
How to connect your vision for technology use with your school’s already-established vision statement, so that it is clear for all parties that the new initiatives (ie. tech integration) support the school’s mission.
Module 2: Leadership: Cultivating a Culture of Learning in a Technology-Rich Environment
For administrators and other leaders who are looking to shift their school’s culture to one of risk-taking and deeper learning with meaningful and purposeful technology integration.
Module 3: Leadership: Holding the Learning Community Accountable in a Technology-Rich Environment
Evaluate the success of the technology use in your school. Is the technology enhancing and transforming learning? How do you know that? How are teachers being encouraged, inspired and stretched to try new things? What strategies and structures are put in place to support the continuum of learners, from the go-getters to the reluctant?
After completing the three (3) modules, you will be able to:
– Articulate the key pieces that need to be in place when developing a shared vision of technology for learning;
– Lead faculty in aligning (or developing–depending on where your school is) the shared vision of technology for learning with the school’s vision statement;
– Complete the feedback loop, seeking voice from each of the stakeholder groups;
– Include key stakeholders in the process of aligning/developing a shared vision of technology for learning;
– Understand the key components that must be in place before trying to shift a school’s culture;
– Lead teachers on a learning walk to look for meaningful and purposeful technology integration;
– Incorporate a feedback loop system to allow for continued successful culture-building;
– Evaluate if and how technology is transforming learning when doing classroom observations; and
– Provide differentiated support to staff to encourage meaningful and purposeful use of technology.
This is a completely self-paced online course with 3 modules. You decide when you start and when you finish!
We estimate approximately 3-5 hours to complete each module (9 – 15 hours to complete all three).
Take as little or as long as you want/need to finish with access to this course for a year from your purchase date!
Who is this course for?
This course is applicable K-12 and will be appropriate for anyone in an administration role, moving into an administration role or leading any kind of technology initiative and/or program.
All references and materials are located online.