7 Things We’re Reading Right Now
Welcome back to #eduroreads! Here are some of the most interesting articles that we’ve come across in the last couple of weeks. There are couple of interesting links related to professional development and what makes for a quality professional learning experience. If you’re interested, be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post!
- 5 Best Practices For Reimagining Professional Learning This Year by Sarah Luchs – Getting Smart
- Mobile Messaging and Social Media 2015 by Maeve Duggan – Pew Internet Research
- Why Some Schools Are Selling All Their iPads by Meghan E. Murphy – The Atlantic
- What do Students Lose by Being Perfect? Valuable Failure by Holly Korby – MindShift
- Is Professional Development for Teachers One Big Boondoggle? by Laura Moser – Salon
- How Can Coding Improve Your Child’s Writing Skills? – The Tynker Blog
- A great SAMR sketchnote by @sylviaduckworth
If you want to stay up to date on what #eduroreads, follow our Flipboard magazine:
If you are interested in attending a dynamic professional learning event and are in/near the Pacific Northwest, we will be hosting Tech Tastings in Walla Walla, Washington on November 11 – 13, 2015. Check out the event page for more details!