EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR
I’m a Global Citizen originally from the United States. I attended overseas schools in Asia and as a Third Culture Kid. Those experiences have shaped me towards helping students in culturally diverse schools.
I’ve been the Educational Technology Director at Copenhagen International School since 2016. Previously I’ve been part of leadership teams in China, Japan, and the United States. I’m an advocate for kinesthetic learning and recently have been exploring Design as a change management tool. As a classroom teacher, I’ve taught Information Technology in Global Society, Animation, Film, and Engineering. Prior to teaching, I worked in a design company, training, and supporting Architects.
I am very curious about redefining learning and what the school of the future could be. I have advanced expertise in social media and learning, leadership in schools and systems thinking.
- Exploring the Danish countryside pathways via bike – I recently moved to the countryside north of Copenhagen and I’m discovering numerous pathways exclusively for non-motorized transportation. I’m trying to figure out how I can share the best routes.
- Hiking the Olympic Mountains in Washington State – I limit my hiking to single day round trips but hope one day to cross the full range on an 11-day trek.
- Riding on Trains – old steam engines are the most interesting!
- Participating with Hacker Spaces, Singularity University, and regional unconferences – since moving to Europe I have a goal in attending one of the longest and oldest running Maker Spaces known as the Chaos Communication Congress which occurs at the end of every December in Hamburg, Germany.
- Sharing and Connecting – I seek to take photos or videos and share them on as many social media platforms. I’ve mastered Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, WeChat, and Weibo but I’m struggling to understand SnapChat and have had limited success with Musical.ly. I’m on a continuous learning curve using with my YouTube (how2what4) Channel and remain on a journey of finding my niche.
Awards, Accolades, Honors
- K12 Horizon Report contributing school, The New Media Consortium 2014
- Tech Director Ning administrator, 2008 – present
“I’m interested in the combination of technology and hands on learning. I love sharing, group brainstorming, problem solving, and exploring creative ideas and solutions.”