Coach. Better: Episode 2 Show Notes
For experienced coaches who have moved to a new school, Diana shares her tips, tricks and reflections on walking that fine line between pushing without shoving, as an instructional coach.
Some of Diana’s key highlights are:
1. Keeping her work focused on school goals and vision.
2. Being visible in all aspects of teaching and learning life on campus, part of teacher PD, attending team meetings, and faculty meetings, and participating in learning walks with admin.
3. Getting to know individuals and teams through purposeful conversations at various levels.
4. Asking lots of questions to help her understand the school context.
5. Using notes from her predecessor to help understand the history of coaching at the school.
If you liked this video, check out our free PDF: Top 5 Strategies for Your Coaching Toolkit: https://edurolearning.lpages.co/top-5…
Looking for even more learning? Check out our Premium online course: “Coaching: From Theory to Practice”: https://edurolearning.com/coaching-fr…
If you’re interested in becoming a coach, the next cohort of our academic-year-long mentorship program with 8 online courses and a private mentor, The Coach, starts in April 2019. Learn more here: http://edurolearning.com/coach/
Or if you want to see what the private mentorship experience is like, check out our Private Coaching sessions – and get your first coaching session for free – here: https://edurolearning.com/private-coa…
Featured Guest: Diana Beabout: https://twitter.com/dianabeabout