DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL LEARNING
With over 18 years teaching experience globally, including New Zealand, England, Indonesia, Singapore and Switzerland, I am passionate about supporting educators in using technology to enhance learning across the curriculum. My latest endeavour is to take up the role of Director of Digital Learning at GEMS World Academy of Switzerland in August 2017.
I have been invited to share my knowledge and enthusiasm for educational technologies at conferences and events, including Learning 2, Google Apps for Education Summits, 21st Century Learning Hong Kong & the iPad Conference in Singapore.
I am an author and co-author of a number of Multi-Touch books available on the iTunes Bookstore, including Design Secrets Revealed, Revitalising Writing with the iPad, Digital Approaches to Writing, Coaching for Digital Literacy, and Twitter: A Cultural Guidebook.
- Eating – One of my all time favourite things to do is eat. From the most unassuming local establishments to high-end restaurants, I love them all.
- Young Adult Literature – My favourite genre since forever is YA. Eleanor & Park, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, I am hungry for more great texts to recommend to my students.
- Learning – I love learning something new and staying up to date with educational technologies. My latest learning escapade falls well outside the arena of new technologies – and my comfort zone – I am learning to crochet <cue much laughter from my friends>.
- Design – I get pretty excited about all things graphic design: fonts, pantone colours, kerning – the works!
Awards, Accolades, Honors
- Apple Distinguished Educator Asia-Pacific Advisory Board Member
- Apple Distinguished Educator, Class of 2010
- Apple Professional Developer, Apple
- Book Creator Ambassador, Book Creator
- Google Certified Educator Level 2, Google
“As an Advisory Board member, what inspires me about Eduro is the opportunity to work alongside educators who are incredible teachers in their own right, but together, make an amazing collaborative.”