Heritage Course Number: CM401z
This course is to prepare educators to use Google Apps for Education in their classroom with students. The course utilizes Google training materials and digital based learning theories to explore the power of the Google Apps suite of tools as well as cloud-based technologies in the K-12 settings. Educators will be exposed to all of the major Google Applications as well as create a final project and presentation on their implementation of the tools in the classroom setting.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Perform more effective web-based searches;
- Create a site using Google Sites;
- Know and understand the power of cloud-based organizational tools such as Google Calendars;
- Know and understand the power of cloud-based collaboration using Google Docs;
- Know and understand how Google Gmail is different from other e-mail clients;
- Analyze and evaluate web-based search results; and
- Implement the use of Google Apps in the classroom.