WE'RE TEACHERS HELPING TEACHERS
The 1:1 Teacher
This micro-credential is suitable for any teachers already in or new to a 1:1 learning environment or teachers looking to move into a 1:1 classroom.
By the end of this micro-credential you will have all the skills you need to transform learning in a 1:1 classroom including:
- managing devices and their distractions;
- developing safe and responsible online behavior skills;
- navigating the complicated world of internet research; and
- making the most of Google Apps for Education.
15 course credits (Premium & Academy package only)
*Premium or Academy Package Options only
Pedagogical Approaches for the 1:1 Classroom
Developing a deeper understanding of the pedagogical approaches for the 1:1 classroom.
After completing this course, participants will …
- understand the power of project-based learning in technology rich environments
- create learning opportunities that challenge students to innovate, solve problems and/or collaborate with others;
- understand the value of sharing with an authentic audience
- be able to identify opportunities within their classroom for students to share their learning
- use collaborative tools to expand students’ authentic, real-world learning experiences by engaging virtually with others;
- have a variety of strategies to be a lead learner when it comes to technology in the classroom as well as feel confident with new technology tools.
Digital Citizenship in the Classroom
Empower, protect and educate students to keep themselves accountable for their actions, stay safe online, and use critical thinking skills to find and evaluate reliable information online.
After completing this course, participants will be able to…
- Evaluate existing AUP/RUPs;
- Create an environment that encourages empowerment;
- Compare various viewpoints and arguments for privacy and protection online;
- Determine appropriate ways to share learning within your classroom with students;
- Emphasize the importance of meaningful digital citizenship integration;
- Identify ways that Digital Citizenship can be consistently and meaningfully integrated into the curriculum.
Teaching Critical Literacy in a Multimedia World
Uncover and explore the tools and strategies that can help students apply critical literacy skills to the multimedia world they inhabit.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply elements of critical literacy to the many forms of digital communication we use daily;
- Develop and apply strategies of critical literacy with students to enable their analysis of the digital media they consume and produce;
- Help students detect bias/purpose/agenda in news and other media;
- Support student analysis of credibility, bias, and fact in research;
- Provide students with the tools to critically analyze social media – its purpose, agenda, and effects; and
- Regularly reflect and share learning through course communication tools
Google Apps for Education in the Classroom
How to get the most out of Google Apps in a 1:1 classroom environment.
After completing this course, particiants will be able to:
- Search more effectively;
- Create a site using Google Sites;
- Understand the power of cloud based organizational tools such as Google Calendars;
- Understand the power of cloud based collaboration using Google Docs;
- Understand how Google Gmail is different from other e-mail clients;
- Analyze and evaluate web-based search results; and
- Be able to implement the use of Google Apps in the classroom.
An exciting opportunity to create and action a relevant project that consolidates and shares all the understanding and skills learned throughout the 1:1 Teacher Micro-credential.
After completing this course, participants will be able to …
- design, develop and implement a personal project that impacts student learning using the understandings learned during the 1:1 Teacher micro-credential.
Meet The 1:1 Teacher Micro-Credential Mentors
Mentor, Premium Package
“I very excited about the 1:1 Teacher Micro-credential. I’ve been involved in many 1:1 initiatives and roll-out programs and am looking forward to sharing my expertise with you! ”
Mentor, Academy Package
“I learned so much when we implemented a 1:1 program at my school. I’m excited to share my experience and how it positively impacted student learning in my classroom.”
What are the start and the end dates for the Micro-Credentials?
- Registration and Purchasing for the Micro-Credentials is open between September 28 - Oct 13, 2017.
- Course Access opens October 15, 2017
- Course Access closes May 25, 2018
What is the approximate time commitment required?
You can expect to spend between 3-5 hours (approximately) per week with course work.
Do I have to take the courses in order?
Each Micro-credential program page is set out with a recommended order to take the courses. However, you can customize the order in which you take the courses to suit your own needs and/or time constraints.
Although we do not recommend it, you can take several courses at once.
What happens if I don't finish all the course work?
Premium or Academy Package
If you are completing a Micro-Credential course for credit and you don't finish all the course work before May 25, 2018 then you automatically drop down to Certificate Level and you will not receive and credit. You will still have access to the material for a total of one (1) year from the start date.
Certificate or Honor Package
You will still have access to the course material for a total of one (1) year from the start date. Certificate package participants will only receive a certificate if all course material is completed within that year of access.
Are course credits and/or clock hours available?
Course credits and/or clock hours (through Heritage / Antioch University) are only available in the Premium and Academy package options. They are not available in the Certificate and Honor package options.
Which package option is right for me?
The Micro-Credentials are available as four (4) package options: Premium; Academy; Certificate; Honour.
Check our handy Comparison Table if you're not sure which option and features are best for you.
How do I get my 1:1 appointment with my mentor?
Once the Micro-Credential program is underway, it’s up to you to make the appointment with your mentor for a time convenient for you and your mentor.
Can I take another Micro-Credential when I'm finished one?
Of course! Each Micro-Credential has a different lens through which your learning can be customized to best fit your needs and your teaching environment. We'd love to help and support you through a Micro-Credential pathway of learning.
If there's a Micro-Credential you think we should offer ..... send us your suggestion via our Contact Us Form or to email@example.com - we'd love to hear from you!
Can I transfer my payment to another educator?
Registration may be transferred to another person free of charge up to 10 days before the start of the course. Thereafter a $25 fee may be applied.
The new participant will be automatically enrolled in the course that the original participant. The new participant will be required to update any demographic information as appropriate.
To request a transfer, please send the full name and email address of both the original participant and the new participant to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Course Registration Transfer".
What is your refund policy?
For all package options:
- More than 60 days prior to the start of the course: Full refund less $5 handling fee
- 60 – 31 days prior to the start of the course: 75% refund less $5 handling fee
- 30 – 15 days prior to the start of the course: 50% refund less $5 handling fee
- 14– 0 days prior to the start of the course: No refund.
What is your cancellation policy?
In the unlikely event of the cancellation of a Micro-Credential Program, before it's official start date, due to circumstances beyond our control, participants will have the option of:
- transferring to another micro-credential program;
- transferring to the next cohort of the same program;
- receive a 100% refund of registration fees
I have a question that you haven't answered!
We'd love to hear from you! Contact us via our contact form!
Or if you prefer to send us an email, it's services[@]edurolearning.com