WE'RE TEACHERS HELPING TEACHERS
The Connected Teacher
This micro-credential is applicable for teachers looking to up their overall technology integration knowledge and technology skills by connecting themselves and their students to the world. When technology is authentically embedded into learning experiences for students you can see it transform learning.
By the end of this micro-credential you will
- understand what it means to be a connected teacher;
- know the why behind connecting yourself and your students;
- know how to connect yourself and your students;
- be able to use a variety of collaborative tools to engage virtually with others; and
- be able to structure technology rich learning for your students so they are reaching the transformational level of SAMR.
15 course credits (Premium & Academy package only)
*Premium or Academy Package Options only
Starting & Growing Your Personal Learning Network
Establishing and managing your PLN – the why and the how.
After completing this course, participants will …
- Understand the power of personal learning networks to transform learning;
- Be familiar with a variety of tools and strategies to build a personal learning network;
- Be ready to develop their own personal learning network;
- Determine the tool / online space they will use to build a PLN;
- Find and select the right people and organizations to create their “perfect” PLN;
- Determine which time management strategies will work best for them;
- Utilize a variety of tools to help streamline tasks within their Personal Learning Network.
Pedagogical Approaches to the Connected Classroom
- understand the power of project-based learning in technology rich environments
- create learning opportunities that challenge students to innovate, solve problems and/or collaborate with others;
- understand the value of sharing with an authentic audience
- be able to identify opportunities within their classroom for students to share their learning
- use collaborative tools to expand students’ authentic, real-world learning experiences by engaging virtually with others;
- have a variety of strategies to be a lead learner when it comes to technology in the classroom as well as feel confident with new technology tools.
THE CONNECTED CLASSROOM: FROM LOCAL TO GLOBAL
Exploring the why & the how behind being a connected educator and establishing and maintaining a successful connected classroom.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- understand what it means to be a connected teacher
- clearly and succinctly communicate why they connect their classrooms to a variety of stakeholders;
- use a variety of collaborative tools to engage virtually with others;
- structure technology rich learning for your students so they are reaching the transformational level of SAMR;
- evaluate the use of technology in their classroom using SAMR and/or TPACK
Google Apps for Education in the Classroom
How to get the most out of Google Apps in a connected classroom environment.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Search more effectively
- Create a site using Google Sites
- Understand the power of cloud based organizational tools such as Google Calendars
- Understand the power of cloud based collaboration using Google Docs
- Understand how Google Gmail is different from other e-mail clients
- Analyze and evaluate web-based search results
- Be able to implement the use of Google Apps in the classroom
After completing this course, participants will be able to …
- design, develop and implement a personal project that impacts student learning using the understandings learned during The Connected Teacher micro-credential.
Meet The Connected Teacher Micro-Credential Mentors
Mentor, Premium Package
“Using technology to connect yourself and your students to others around the globe helps break down the walls of the classroom and builds bridges to other people, countries, and cultures! I’m super excited to be a part of your learning journey through the Connected Teacher micro-credential!”
Mentor, Academy Package
“My commitment to supporting the learning of others is my most valuable asset and I’m looking forward to supporting and empowering you on this journey. Connecting with other educators energizes me and I can’t wait to inspire you and be inspired by you as a Connected Teacher Academy Mentor!”
What are the start and the end dates for the Micro-Credentials?
- Registration and Purchasing for the Micro-Credentials is open between September 28 - Oct 13, 2017.
- Course Access opens October 15, 2017
- Course Access closes May 25, 2018
What is the approximate time commitment required?
You can expect to spend between 3-5 hours (approximately) per week with course work.
Do I have to take the courses in order?
Each Micro-credential program page is set out with a recommended order to take the courses. However, you can customize the order in which you take the courses to suit your own needs and/or time constraints.
Although we do not recommend it, you can take several courses at once.
What happens if I don't finish all the course work?
Premium or Academy Package
If you are completing a Micro-Credential course for credit and you don't finish all the course work before May 25, 2018 then you automatically drop down to Certificate Level and you will not receive and credit. You will still have access to the material for a total of one (1) year from the start date.
Certificate or Honor Package
You will still have access to the course material for a total of one (1) year from the start date. Certificate package participants will only receive a certificate if all course material is completed within that year of access.
Are course credits and/or clock hours available?
Course credits and/or clock hours (through Heritage / Antioch University) are only available in the Premium and Academy package options. They are not available in the Certificate and Honor package options.
Which package option is right for me?
The Micro-Credentials are available as four (4) package options: Premium; Academy; Certificate; Honour.
Check our handy Comparison Table if you're not sure which option and features are best for you.
How do I get my 1:1 appointment with my mentor?
Once the Micro-Credential program is underway, it’s up to you to make the appointment with your mentor for a time convenient for you and your mentor.
Can I take another Micro-Credential when I'm finished one?
Of course! Each Micro-Credential has a different lens through which your learning can be customized to best fit your needs and your teaching environment. We'd love to help and support you through a Micro-Credential pathway of learning.
If there's a Micro-Credential you think we should offer ..... send us your suggestion via our Contact Us Form or to firstname.lastname@example.org - we'd love to hear from you!
Can I transfer my payment to another educator?
Registration may be transferred to another person free of charge up to 10 days before the start of the course. Thereafter a $25 fee may be applied.
The new participant will be automatically enrolled in the course that the original participant. The new participant will be required to update any demographic information as appropriate.
To request a transfer, please send the full name and email address of both the original participant and the new participant to email@example.com with the subject line "Course Registration Transfer".
What is your refund policy?
For all package options:
- More than 60 days prior to the start of the course: Full refund less $5 handling fee
- 60 – 31 days prior to the start of the course: 75% refund less $5 handling fee
- 30 – 15 days prior to the start of the course: 50% refund less $5 handling fee
- 14– 0 days prior to the start of the course: No refund.
What is your cancellation policy?
In the unlikely event of the cancellation of a Micro-Credential Program, before it's official start date, due to circumstances beyond our control, participants will have the option of:
- transferring to another micro-credential program;
- transferring to the next cohort of the same program;
- receive a 100% refund of registration fees
I have a question that you haven't answered!
We'd love to hear from you! Contact us via our contact form!
Or if you prefer to send us an email, it's services[@]edurolearning.com