Want to learn more about being an effective learning coach?
You may already be in a coaching position and you would like some guidance as to how to be even more effective at your job. Or, you might be looking to make the transition to a coaching role, and would like to not only better understand the expectations of what coaches do, but also how to be the best coach you can be!
– You Are What You Do**
– What Instructional Coaching Looks Like in Practice*
– How to have a Coaching Conversation*
– Essential Skills for Instructional Coaches*
– How to Build Momentum Around Instructional Coaching**
– Taking Action: Becoming an Instructional Coach
Don’t want to do such an in-depth course? Check out the shorter, Recommended Bundles: *Coaching Essentials: Getting Started as an Instructional Coach OR **Coaching Essentials: Leading from the Middle
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
– Explain the impact and effect of your daily actions on the development of your coaching role within the school;
– Identify the key elements of successful coaching;
– Recognize different stages of coaching within a school environment;
– Understand and identify the key elements of a successful coaching conversation;
– Put together a coaching toolkit of skills essential to the role;
– Start your coaching role; and
– Articulate your vision for coaching.
18-30 hours (approx) for the complete course.
(Please Note: The Facilitated & For Credit course options have specific timeframes and deadlines.)
Facilitated / For Credit Option:
Heritage Course Number: ED468u
Our Facilitated and/or For Credit option for this course opens for purchase in August. This course will be facilitated for 8 weeks during October – December.
Self-Paced courses are designed for you to work at your own pace, therefore there is no course facilitator or cohort community.