This course will take you from understanding the theory behind why coaching works, to a confident instructional coach!
Through the experience of conducting a formal coaching cycle with a colleague, you will take the theory provided and put it into practice for yourself!
Plus, you will develop an action plan for creating a successful coaching program in your school!
6 Modules include:
– What is Coaching? (Coaching as Leadership)*
– Why do Schools need Coaches?*
– How do Coaches Work? Learning from Coaching Styles
– What Challenges do Coaches Face?*
– Coaching for School-Wide Change (Coaching to Develop Leaders)
– Action Plan: Bringing Coaching to Your School
After completing this course, you will be able to:
– Implement strategies for initiating and sustaining technology innovations and manage the change process in schools and classrooms;
– Coach teachers in and model design and implementation of technology-enhanced learning experiences using a variety of research-based, learner-centered instructional strategies and assessment tools to address the diverse needs and interests of all students;
– Design, develop, and implement technology-rich professional learning programs that model principles of adult learning and promote digital age best practices in teaching, learning and assessment;
– Engage in continual learning to deepen content and pedagogical knowledge in technology integration and current and emerging technologies necessary to effectively implement the ISTE Standards•S and Standards•T; and
– Engage in continuous learning to deepen professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions in organizational change and leadership, project management, and adult learning to improve professional practice.
20 – 35 hours (approx)
Course Access Ends:
One Year from Purchase Date
For educators who need clock hour credits, the Certificate option provides a Certificate of Completion with course hours listed to be used with Teachers College of San Joaquin Professional Learning Center continuing education credits.
No Certificate Option:
The “no certificate” option is designed for you to work at your own pace, therefore there is no course facilitator or feedback.
Who is this course for?
This course is applicable for anyone in a coaching role, or just starting out in a coaching position; K-12 teachers, staff development trainers, administrators, or anyone looking to increase their coaching skills and processes.
All references and materials are located online.