How do we teach digital citizenship? What exactly do we teach? How do we integrate digital citizenship into the curriculum? Uncover a variety of ways for teachers to help their students to balance, respect and protect themselves online and offline. Uncover a variety of ways to protect, balance and respect yourself and your students, so that you can easily integrate digital citizenship in your classroom.
6 Modules Inside:
– Fake News and the Responsibility to be Digitally Literate
– Respectfully Disagreeing as a Resilient Digital Citizen
– Breaking Down Classroom Walls to Build Bridges
– Empowering Your Students to be Responsible in the Digital World
– Staying Safe Online
– Integrating Digital Citizenship into Your Curriculum
After completing this course, you will be able to:
– Identify the elements conducive to an empowering environment;
– Evaluate existing Acceptable Use Policies and/or Responsible Use Policies (AUP/RUPs);
– Understand the use of copyright free images, music and videos (Creative Commons);
– Design and promote strategies to stay balanced in a world filled with distractions;
– Compare various viewpoints and arguments for and against privacy and protection online;
– Determine appropriate ways to share learning within the classroom with students;
– Evaluate digital citizenship resources; and
– Design digital citizenship learning opportunities.
For educators who need clock hour credits, the Certificate option provides a Certificate of Completion with course hours listed to be used with Teachers College of San Joaquin Professional Learning Center continuing education credits.
No Certificate Option:
The “no certificate” option is designed for you to work at your own pace, therefore there is no course facilitator or feedback.
30-35 hours (approx.)
Course Access Ends:
One Year from Purchase Date
Who is this course for?
This course is appropriate for those working with students in grades, K-12 including teachers, para-educators, counselors, and other support personnel.
All references and materials are located online.
There are no reviews yet.