The goal of this course is to provide teachers (or instructional coaches) with the opportunity to explore how technology can redefine and transform student learning in the classroom today. You will examine the ways we can help our students learn, communicate and collaborate as productive contributors in the ever-changing, more global environment our world has become.
6 Modules Inside:
– Learning Looks Different Now
– Making it Work
– Authentic Audience
– Choosing the Tools
– Partnering with Parents
– Reflecting on Learning
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
– Explain the power of project-based learning in technology-rich environments;
– Create learning opportunities that challenge students to innovate, solve problems and/or collaborate with others;
– Defend the value of sharing with an authentic audience;
– Identify opportunities within your classroom for students to share their learning;
– Use collaborative tools to expand students’ authentic, real-world learning experiences by engaging virtually with others;
– Use a variety of strategies to be a lead learner when it comes to technology in the classroom as well as feel confident with new technology tools; and
– Regularly reflect and share learning through course communication tools.
Self-Paced courses are designed for you to work at your own pace, therefore there is no course facilitator or cohort community.
3-5 hours (approx.) per module, 6 modules