This is our Recommended Course with three modules designed to support you with practical ways to put coaching into practice.
The three (3) modules in this Recommended Course are:
Module 1: Creating a Culture of Coaching*
Examine ways coaches can be instrumental in developing and sustaining school-wide change.
Module 2: Coaching: Managing Challenges*
Explore a variety of ways to effectively deal with conflict in our roles as instructional coaches.
Module 3: Coaching: Building Capacity in Your School*
Examine and develop ways to empower others to become leaders within your department and/or school.
*Looking for something more in-depth? The three (3) modules in this Recommended Course are also part of the Premium Course: Coaching: From Theory to Practice as Course 2; Course 4; and Course 5.
After completing this recommended course of three (3) modules, you will be able to:
– Identify the ways coaches play an essential role in implementing school-wide change;
– Use a coaching strategy in a pre-observation meeting with a colleague;
– Use a variety of strategies to effectively deal with conflict in your coaching role;
– Share and reflect on those strategies within a community of coaches.
– Identify and empower others to become leaders; and
– Demonstrate professional knowledge, skills and dispositions in content, and pedagogical areas showing professional growth that inspires and promotes transformational change.
Each module takes approximately 3-5 hours to complete;
9-15 hours (approx) for the complete course.
Who is this suitable for?
Applicable for anyone in a coaching role, or just starting out in a coaching position; K-12 teachers, staff development trainers, administrators, or anyone looking to increase their coaching skills and processes.
All references and materials are located online.