In this course, participants will learn some basic coding and programming skills and combine them with computational and design thinking strategies to help your students analyze and design solutions to real-world problems. Participants will be able to show your students that coding and programming are not just things for other people, but languages anyone can use to create and communicate.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and identify ways in which computational thinking can be applied in the classroom;
- Recognize that computational thinking and lateral thinking can develop problem-solving skills;
- Understand ways in which coding and design principles and processes can be applied to creating solutions to real-world problems;
- Understand the ways in which design thinking and app design strategies can generate creative, effective and meaningful solutions;
- Use coding/programming as a way to deepen and extend student learning; and
- View app design from a computational thinking perspective.