Heritage Course Number: ED465q
Designed to expose you to several ways of thinking about complex problems and their solutions so that you can create an impact project for students that incorporates elements of design thinking and/or app design practices.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and identify ways in which computational thinking can be applied in the classroom;
- Recognize that computational thinking and lateral thinking can develop problem-solving skills;
- Understand ways in which coding and design principles and processes can be applied to creating solutions to real-world problems;
- Understand the ways in which design thinking and app design strategies can generate creative, effective and meaningful solutions;
- Use coding/programming as a way to deepen and extend student learning; and
- View app design from a computational thinking perspective.
This course is designed for educators K-12. No prior coding experience is necessary but you may also be interested in Advanced Coding: Embedding Computational Thinking or Introduction to Coding in the Classroom.
All references and materials are located online.