Designing a Parent Learning Program
Supporting your parent community in their understanding of technology-rich learning can be challenging and time-consuming.
This Premium-Extended Bundle is designed to help you not only better understand the concerns that parents have about learning in digital spaces, but also to provide you with key resources, strategies and tips to design a parent learning program to keep all stakeholders in your school community informed and engaged.
Our hope is that you can take the Parenting in the Digital Age (PITDA) courses and implement them as a Parent Learning Program in your school community.
The Parenting in the Digital Age (PITDA) courses cover these topics:
- Understanding the New Learning Landscape
Exploring new ways that students are learning with technology today.
- Technology Never Sleeps
From phones, to laptops, to tablets, strategies for effectively managing distractions, and finding balance, with multiple devices at home.
- Citizenship in a Digital World
Learning how to build safe, responsible & respectful habits with your children.
- Social Media and Your Child
From Snapchat to Instagram, how, what and why are kids sharing online?
- It’s A Visual World
Helping your child to navigate and manage what they see in a media-rich world.
- Embracing Creativity: Going Beyond the Tools
Where and how are students expressing themselves, exploring their passions and developing essential skills in creative digital spaces.
Specific Learning Outcomes:
After completing this premium-extended bundle, you will be able to:
- Understand and be able to address the key concerns that parents have about technology-rich learning;
- Be able to confidently articulate the purpose of technology-rich learning, at a school-wide level; and
- Design and create a long-term parent learning program to help all stakeholders in their school community understand their school’s technology-rich learning environment.
3-5 hours (approx.) per course. 18-30 hours (approx.) for the complete Premium-extended bundle.