Supporting your parent community in their understanding of technology-rich learning can be challenging and time-consuming. This Premium-Extended Bundle is designed to help you not only better understand the concerns that parents have about learning in digital spaces, but also to provide you with key resources, strategies and tips to design a parent learning program to keep all stakeholders in your school community informed and engaged.
Our hope is that you can take the Parenting in the Digital Age (PITDA) courses and implement them as a Parent Learning Program in your school community.
– Understanding the New Learning Landscape: Exploring new ways that students are learning with technology today.
– Technology Never Sleeps: From phones, to laptops, to tablets, strategies for effectively managing distractions, and finding balance, with multiple devices at home.
– Citizenship in a Digital World: Learning how to build safe, responsible & respectful habits with your children.
– Social Media and Your Child: From Snapchat to Instagram, how, what and why are kids sharing online?
– It’s A Visual World: Helping your child to navigate and manage what they see in a media-rich world.
– Embracing Creativity: Going Beyond the Tools: Where and how are students expressing themselves, exploring their passions and developing essential skills in creative digital spaces.
Looking for a shorter option? Try the Recommended Bundle: Supporting Your Parent Community
After completing this premium-extended bundle, you will be able to:
– Understand and be able to address the key concerns that parents have about technology-rich learning;
– Be able to confidently articulate the purpose of technology-rich learning, at a school-wide level; and
– Design and create a long-term parent learning program to help all stakeholders in their school community understand their school’s technology-rich learning environment.
3-5 hours (approx.) per course. 18-30 hours (approx.) for the complete Premium-extended bundle.
(Please Note: The Facilitated course option has specific timeframes and deadlines. We are unable to offer a “For Credit” option at this time.)
Self-Paced courses are designed for you to work at your own pace, therefore there is no course facilitator or cohort community.